Sunday, August 5, 2012

Fire, BFF to the rescue, no power, and a Currently!

So Oklahoma is on fire! Well part of it is anyways. The fires are about 90 miles from me and have affected my best friend's boyfriend and his family. They have lost everything. They are all okay and so are their animals. Right now his family is staying in a hotel and has no where for their many dogs to stay. ALERT:  best friend to the rescue! Ally (my BFF) asked if I would be willing to take care of Oreo (technically her dog but since they live in an apartment that doesn't allow pets she was staying at Joe's (the boyfriend) family's) for a few days until they work something more permanent out. Now I will do anything for my BFF, but she cautiously asked me to do this knowing that I (and my family) had lost my beloved Muffie almost 2 years ago (I know seems like a while to grieve a dog, but she was 16 and I had her since I was 10 and she was a cute little fur ball puppy!)  I agreed to help knowing that it would be temporary and that I am not ready for a new dog and Oreo belongs to Ally and I can't keep her. Oreo is an outside dog so I prepared an area where she be chained up and have room to roam and have somewhere cool (hello it has been 112 degrees!) Ally, Joe and Oreo were headed my way when freak thunderstorms decided to pop up and move my way. Well these thunderstorms sent a nice lightning bolt into a transformer taking my power and internet! The power came back on about 2 1/2 hours later, but it messed up my internet so I have been without it all day until now! So I had to tell you all that to explain why my post is so late!

Anywho, On all the blogs I "stalk" I frequently see a Currently. I was intrigued so I headed over to Farley's Oh' Boy 4th Grade to join in on the fun! So here goes nothing! Fingers crossed that I do it right!


Yes! It looks like I did it right! Go me!!!! Night all!



6 comments:

  1. I LOVE the pencil dispenser idea! I saw it on Pinterest too. I'm glad Farley sent me your way. I am a new follower.

    Krista
    stellar-students

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear everyone is okay from the fire! And I was sucked into the dollar spot just this morning... Oh, Target!

    dede
    A Series of First Grade Events

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for following!I have to be careful every time I go into Target because I will not get anything I needed because of the Dollar Spot! Sad thing is the closest Target is 45 Minutes away! Oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Audra - thanks for stopping by my blog! I am your newest follower - can't wait to hear more about your class!

    Kara
    Spedventures

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY another Okie blogger! We were so grateful to see the rain the other night. My hubby has been out there fighting those fires.
    I am a new Okie follower!
    Tammy

    First Grade @ Storybook Cafe
    dtklinger@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete