Monday, August 13, 2012

Long long day and a Monday Made It

WOOOO! What a day! Today was our first official day back as teachers. We were given the privilege to sit in meetings all day! Some of us get to do it again tomorrow (not me,WOOOHOOOO!!!)

This is going to be short an sweet tonight...I am very tired since my sleep habits have become horrible over the summer...getting up before noon is killing me already!

I linked up with 4th Grade Frolics once again for Monday Made It!



Now this is something I have used for the past 5 years in my classroom. It just got a little updated. So my Monday Made It was my Can't Can.

Huh?

Being that I am a resource room it seems that some of my students favorite word is the word "can't"...for example... "Miss Peters I can't do this it is to hard" or "Miss Peters I can't read this I don't know how" I STRONGLY dislike the word can't especially when it comes from my kiddos, it breaks my heart because they can...just in a different way!

So.....anytime someone says can't their name goes in the can. Whoever DOESN'T have their name in the can at the end of the nine weeks, semester, year (whatever mood I am in) receives some special incentive. For me this USED to be a pizza party, however my school has become a health and fit school so certain foods and beverages are not allowed. I will probably do a movie party or electronics day this year.

Pretty simple, huh? As the year progresses the classes find other words that should be added to the can....so last year my can was the "Can't, don't, wanna, umm, like, whatever" Can. I just cut up scrap paper or index cards for the kiddos to write their name on. Hope this gave you an AMAZING idea!

So here is my redone can......




You can't really see the cute handle (my bad!) but it is all different colored ribbon!

Don't forget to hop on over to 4th Grade Frolics to see all the nifty fifty made its!

Hopefully tomorrow (when I don't have to go to meetings) I will get pictures of my classroom and share them with you all!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I love you can! I am your newest follower--I would love to have you come by and visit my blog!

    www.ateacherwithoutaclass.com

    you could even win a laminator if you drop by!

    ReplyDelete