Monday, August 6, 2012

Grand Opening and a Monday Made It!

Oh it is Monday and that means I officially have 4 days before I go back to work...a bittersweet feeling. The kiddos don't come back until the 16th so I will have a few more days of getting ready.

I should really have been working in my classroom but I dragged my feet today, plus it is so HOT! I did go up there for about 30 minutes (not long I know!)...I have just a few finishing touches and I will be set! (look for the story and the before and after pics soon!)

So today has been about getting caught up on laundry, opening a TPT store (YAY!) and attempting to be creative!

I have been really inspired by all the Monday Made It's over at 4th Grade Frolics.




I am not a super creative person when it comes to making things for my classroom and I normally would contract my mom to use her creative genius to make these things for me on her Cricut, but I set out to do it on my own!

So here are my Made-Its for today....


Made It # 1 & 2
Left:
My kiddos always have a hard time remembering to put their name and # (for grading and sorting purposes, it makes the "Postmasters" job much easier!) on their papers. Thanks to a BRILLIANT idea of having them highlight their names which I saw on Pinterest which in turn lead me to the wonderful Welcome to Room 36! I knew I had to have that in my room!

Right:
For some reason my students are always trying to "borrow" pencils out of MY pencil cup! So I am putting them in a bucket and creating a "Pencil Police" position to my classroom jobs! The "Police Officer" will be in charge of making sure the bucket is stocked and all pencils are sharpened. Now since I am a resource room I have an hour block for each grade level, each class has their own set of jobs. My last class usually has some "cooler" jobs because they are my older students, plus I have them at the end of the day (something to look forward to when you reach 5th and 6th grade in my class, the "cool" jobs.)

Made- It # 3


Pretty self explanatory. I bought the basket at my FAVE FAVE FAVE store Target! Then I created the label on my computer. I did my classroom library differently this year. I felt it was important to have a book return! I also made a library check out sheet to go on a clipboard that will be put in the basket.

Last but not least.....

Made-It #4

As I said before I decided to redo my classroom library. Once again thanks again to a BRILLIANT idea I found on Pinterest which lead me to S is for Second Grade. I will have more on that in an upcoming post! Anywho, here is what I did in a nutshell.....found the Lexile levels for all 400 of my book. Grouped them by level and then put one of the stickers above on the book and the front of the bin...so I wanted to create a chart so the kiddos could see all the different levels!

Here are all my Made-Its!




Like the labels I made? Head over to my TPT Store! They are Free!!!! It is my first product made so hopefully I will get some more stuff in the store! Have a great night!

 Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. You seem very creative! I like your labels and I'll probably run into you someday at Target!
    Jenny
    Owl Things First

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love what you made! I like the reminder about their name and number!

    I'm your newest follower! I love finding special ed blogs =)

    Ashley
    The Resource Room Teacher

    ReplyDelete